Art Basel in Hong Kong Announces Date Change – artmarketblog.com
According to Art Basel, the new timing will be more convenient for participating galleries, curators, collectors, and the art world in general, enabling a broader international audience to attend the fair.
“We are delighted to have secured dates that will help Art Basel’s show in Hong Kong reach its full potential as a key fixture on the international art calendar,” says Magnus Renfrew, Director Asia, Art Basel.
“We are confident that the new March dates will encourage premier galleries worldwide to apply for the show and lead to an even stronger presence of collectors, curators and museum directors from around the world.”
The 2014 show takes place at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, the host venue for Art Basel in Asia, from Thursday, May 15 to Sunday, May 18, with the Preview (by invitation only) on Wednesday, May 14.
For more information visit the Art Basel website here.
**Nicholas Forrest is a Sydney/London based art market analyst, art consultant and writer. He is the founder of the Art Market Blog (artmarketblog.com) which offers independent commentaries as well as research and analysis on the current art market, and has recently been published in Fabrik magazine, Verve magazine, Visual Art Beat magazine, Australian Art Collector magazine, Art & Investment magazine and many others. Nic has made several radio appearances (both nationally and internationally) as an art market expert and has received press from the likes of the New York Times, Conde Nast Portfolio and Times of London.
- Art Basel in Hong Kong’s Triumphant Coming of Age – artmarketblog.com
- Magnus Renfrew to Leave Art Basel for Bonhams Asia – artmarketblog.com
- Nadia Kaabi-Linke Wins Discoveries Prize at Art Basel in HK – artmarketblog.com
- Art15 London Art Fair Moves to May Dates – artmarketblog.com
- From Annual VIP Art Fair to Year-Round VIP Art – artmarketblog.com
- China Guardian Advance Into Hong Kong Art Market – artmarketblog.com
- Indonesian Art Soars at Hong Kong Auction – artmarketblog.com
- Could Macau Trump Hong Kong’s Art Market Status? – artmarketblog.com
- AS CHINA TAKES LEAD IN INTERNATIONAL ART WORLD, SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST ASIAN ART FOLLOWS STEADILY BEHIND
- Valuing Art – How an Art Price Index Could Change Everything !!!