Artsy Launches Innovative iPhone App for Art Lovers – artmarketblog.com
Artsy have announced the launch of the Artsy App for iPhone and iPod touch that will give users access to more than 50,000 images from more than 600 of the world’s leading galleries art fairs, museums, private collections, foundations, and artists’ estates in 50 countries.
“At Artsy we’re developing the most technically-advanced, sophisticated and beautiful means for everyone to access art. Mobile technology is a critical step in that direction–especially as collectors and art enthusiasts are spending less time sitting in front of computers and more time on the run. Given this, we’re excited to announce the Artsy iPhone and iPod touch App, making it possible to browse the world’s top artists, galleries, museums, and art fairs–all from a device that fits in your pocket,” explains Carter Cleveland, Founder and CEO of Artsy.
The Artsy App will not only feature works from museum and permanent collections but will also include works available for sale from some of the world’s most respected art dealers including Gagosian Gallery, Pace Gallery, White Cube and Victoria Miro. The new app will also give collectors access to the latest happenings across the art world as well as an Artsy personal advisor.
“As evidenced by the boom in international art fairs, the art market is becoming increasingly globalized, with gallerists traveling the world to meet collectors. In this environment, the Artsy platform is an important way to reach the global collector base, and the iPhone and iPod touch app takes it to another level, putting unprecedented access to leading gallery, fair, and museum shows in the pocket of every collector,” says Larry Gagosian, the founder and owner of his namesake contemporary gallery and an Artsy advisor.
The Artsy App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/Artsy.
**Nicholas Forrest is a Sydney/London based art market analyst, art consultant and writer. He is the founder of the Art Market Blog (artmarketblog.com) which offers independent commentaries as well as research and analysis on the current art market, and has recently been published in Fabrik magazine, Verve magazine, Visual Art Beat magazine, Australian Art Collector magazine, Art & Investment magazine and many others. Nic has made several radio appearances (both nationally and internationally) as an art market expert and has received press from the likes of the New York Times, Conde Nast Portfolio and Times of London.
- China’s EpaiLive on Selling Western Art and Antiques Online (Part-1) – artmarketblog.com
- Why New Zealand is Ready for an Art Market Boom – artmarketblog.com
- 20×200 Suspended and Haunch of Venison Abandoned – artmarketblog.com
- Video: Skate’s 2012/13 Art Market Overview – artmarketblog.com
- The Lure of Long-Lost Art: William Webbe’s White Owl – artmarketblog.com
- Top iPhone Apps for Art Collectors – artmarketblog.com
- Artprice Launches My Art Collection – artmarketblog.com
- Blacklots Launches Curated Online Art Auctions – artmarketblog.com
- 2011 Christmas Gifts for Art Lovers – artmarketblog.com
- 2011 Christmas Gifts for Art Lovers (update 1) – artmarketblog.com