Sedition Launches First Trading Platform for Digital Art – artmarketblog.com
Pioneering online digital art sales platform Sedition has launched the world’s first platform to resell and buy contemporary digital art.
The new Sedition Trade platform will give collectors of digital art the opportunity to resell editions of purchased works that have sold out, and pursue other artworks for their digital art collection.
Sedition members will be able to list their artworks at their desired asking price and engage with potential buyers to negotiate a sale. The new platform will also give sellers access to historical price and edition data.
Buyers will be presented with a marketplace where available editions will be advertised and through which bids can be placed. An artwork is sold when the seller accepts a bid or if a bid matches the asking price.
When the trade takes place, the artwork is instantly transferred to the buyer’s Vault on Sedition along with its digital certificate of authenticity. Any purchased artworks can be enjoyed at their optimum resolution from the Sedition website and through the free apps for iOS, Android or Samsung.
“This is a key step in the development of the Sedition platform, enabling new opportunities and benefits for Sedition members and artists who continue to earn a share of the funds from the artworks sold in the Trade market,” said a Sedition spokesperson.
**Nicholas Forrest is a Sydney/London based art market analyst, art consultant and writer. He is the founder of the Art Market Blog (artmarketblog.com) which offers independent commentaries as well as research and analysis on the current art market, and has recently been published in Fabrik magazine, Verve magazine, Visual Art Beat magazine, Australian Art Collector magazine, Art & Investment magazine and many others. Nic has made several radio appearances (both nationally and internationally) as an art market expert and has received press from the likes of the New York Times, Conde Nast Portfolio and Times of London.
- Magnus Renfrew to Leave Art Basel for Bonhams Asia – artmarketblog.com
- Book Review: “The Supermodel and the Brillo Box” – artmarketblog.com
- Davidoff Launches 1st Art Edition Boxes by Quizqueya Henríquez – artmarketblog.com
- ArtViatic Breaks Record for Online Private Art Sale – artmarkeblog.com
- Ai Weiwei and Olafur Eliasson’s New Collaborative “Moon” Project – artmarketblog.com
- Blacklots Launches Curated Online Art Auctions – artmarketblog.com
- Saatchi Online Launches Fine Art Marketplace – artmarketblog.com
- Phillips and Tumblr Announce First Auction of Digital Art – artmarketblog.com
- China’s EpaiLive on Selling Western Art and Antiques Online (Part-1) – artmarketblog.com
- Latique.com Launches First Product Based Social Media Site for Antique Dealers