Phillips and Tumblr Announce First Auction of Digital Art – artmarketblog.com
Phillips auction house have joined forces with Tumblr to launch the first ever auction of digital art. The ground-breaking Paddles On! sale will take place in New York on the 10th of October and will bring together artists who are using digital technology to the establish the next generation of contemporary art. Online bidding will also be available through a partnership with Paddle8
The sale will be curated by New York-based curator and researcher Lindsay Howard and will be open to a wide variety of digital mediums including animated GIFS, websites, software, net art, and videos. Phillips are currently seeking submissions for works for the sale from the Tumblr community and beyond.
Artists will receive 80% of the proceeds of the sale with the remaining 20% going to Rhizome, the leading non-profit organisation dedicated to supporting contemporary art with technology since 1996.
The deadline for submissions is September 16. Submissions can be made here.
**Nicholas Forrest is a Sydney/London based art market analyst, art consultant and writer. He is the founder of the Art Market Blog (artmarketblog.com) which offers independent commentaries as well as research and analysis on the current art market, and has recently been published in Fabrik magazine, Verve magazine, Visual Art Beat magazine, Australian Art Collector magazine, Art & Investment magazine and many others. Nic has made several radio appearances (both nationally and internationally) as an art market expert and has received press from the likes of the New York Times, Conde Nast Portfolio and Times of London.
- Paddle8 Launches Auction Site for Extraordinary Experiences – artmarketblog.com
- Skate Capital Sells Art Media Assets to Abbey House Group – artmarketblog.com
- Ai Weiwei and Olafur Eliasson’s New Collaborative “Moon” Project – artmarketblog.com
- Sedition Launches First Trading Platform for Digital Art – artmarketblog.com
- China’s EpaiLive on Selling Western Art and Antiques Online (Part-1) – artmarketblog.com
- Paddle8 Launch Changing The World Through Art Auction – artmarketblog.com
- Ex-Sotheby’s Heavyweights Launch New Online Art Auction Site – artmarketblog.com
- Contemporary Art Market Karma at Phillips de Pury Pt. 3 – artmarketblog.com
- Contemporary Art Market Karma at Phillips de Pury Pt. 1 – artmarketblog.com
- Contemporary Art Market Karma at Phillips de Pury Pt. 2 – artmarketblog.com